Moving Through Color
These breathtaking tree tunnels are famous in their respective countries, standing as a testament to time and beauty:
- Wisteria Tunnel, Tochigi, Japan - Ashikaga Flower Park in Tochigi is one of the best places to admire different varieties of wisteria.
- Dark Hedges, County Antrim, Northern Ireland - This beautiful avenue of beech trees was planted by the Stuart family in the 18th century, and is one of the most photographed natural phenomena in the country.
- Tunnel of Love, Kleven, Ukraine - This luscious green tunnel provides passage for a private train that provides wood to a local factory. The tunnel is also used by lovers to make a wish – it is said that if they are sincere in their love, their wishes will come true.
- Ginkgo Tree Tunnel, Tokyo, Japan - Around 65,000 ginkgo trees line the streets of Tokyo; they are known as “the bearer of hope”, since some of them survived the bombing of Hiroshima. This tree tunnel is located in the outer garden of Meiji Shrine.
- Jacarandas Walk, Johannesburg, South Africa - The Jacaranda trees explode into full blossom every October, turning the walk into a purple paradise.
- Point Reyes, California, United States - Bishop pine, douglas fir and coast redwood are all to be found in this atmospheric part of the Pacific Coast.
- Ashdown Forest, West Sussex, England - Much of the tree cover in the South Downs area was razed thousands of years ago, but some thickly-wooded areas remain.
- Sena De Luna, Spain - A small Spanish village in the province of Castile and León, Sena De Luna is home to around 450 people.
You can be a businesswoman, a mother, an artist, and a feminist - whatever you want to be - and still be a sexual being.
Beyoncé for OUT Magazine (May 2014)
Never trust a person who can’t gracefully accept that they shouldn’t say certain words due to violent histories of those said words
get to know me meme - [2/5] favourite tv shows: Doctor Who
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Dug is the single most accurate portrayal of a dog in anything ever.
Dug is the best thing to ever happen in the world. Ever.
Here are some picture of what some of the most popular dog breeds look like as puppies.
give me them all.
Who can forget the Samoyed Puppy.
Also look how cute a dalmatian puppy can be.
I feel like they just conspired together…
THE WINK, THE WINK IS KILLING ME.
This is so adorable!!
Hannibal Art Meme↳ The Pre-Raphaelite BrotherhoodDisenchanted with contemporary academic painting—most of them were colleagues at the Royal Academy of Art and famously disparaged the Academy’s founding president, Sir Joshua Reynolds (1723–1792), as “Sir Sloshua”—the Brotherhood instead emulated the art of late medieval and early Renaissance Europe until the time of Raphael, an art characterized by minute description of detail, a luminous palette of bright colors that recalls the tempera paint used by medieval artists, and subject matter of a noble, religious, or moralizing nature. In mid-nineteenth-century England, a period marked by political upheaval, mass industrialization, and social ills, the Brotherhood at its inception strove to transmit a message of artistic renewal and moral reform by imbuing their art with seriousness, sincerity, and truth to nature. (x) (x) (x) (x)
Hannibal Art Meme↳ Vincent Van Gogh (Dutch, 1853-1890)By the time of his death in 1890, Van Gogh’s work had begun to attract critical attention. His paintings were featured at the Salon des Indépendants in Paris between 1888 and 1890 and with Les XX in Brussels in 1890. As Gauguin wrote to him, his recent works, on view at the Indépendants in Paris, were regarded by many artists as “the most remarkable” in the show; and one of his paintings sold from the 1890 exhibition in Brussels. In January 1890, the critic Albert Aurier published the first full-length article on Van Gogh, aligning his art with the nascent Symbolist movement and highlighting the originality and intensity of his artistic vision. By the outbreak of World War I, with the discovery of his genius by the Fauves and German Expressionists, Vincent van Gogh had already come to be regarded as a vanguard figure in the history of modern art. (x) (x) (x) (x)
- ana & elsa are rapunzel’s cousins
- it was to rapunzel & flynn’s wedding that ana & elsa’s parents were on their way to when they shipwrecked
- it was their shipwreck that ariel sees in the beginning of the little mermaid
- but they didn’t die, they washed up on an island and gave birth to tarzan, and were later killed by a cheetah
did i miss anything