“The character design of Flynn came from the process which was called the “hot man meeting” by Nathan Greno and Byron Howard, during which they set up a meeting with all of the female employees of the studio in one room and asked them for their opinions of what made a man good looking in order to create Flynn’s character design with features such as eye color, hair color and style and body type. Video footage showed concept art and photos of various male celebrities, including Johnny Depp, Hugh Jackman, Brad Pitt, David Beckham and Gene Kelly on the walls of the room. Director Byron Howard said they wanted to make Flynn “the most handsome, most attractive male lead Disney has ever had.”
"The hot man meeting" is now my second favorite animation design story, after the one about how Pixar animators working on the Dug team for Up had “fat dog day” where they basically went to a shelter and were like “please bring out your fattest dogs,” and then they hung out with the fattest jolliest available dogs, all day.
man would i love to be a pixar animator
Don’t forget Brave’s Kilt Fridays where all the animators wore kilts to work every friday during production.
This is why I want to work for these fun guys
I present to you a puppy eating watermelon.
I can’t stop thinking about this
My Chemical Romance | The Ghost of You
↘ color + sepia
This is the original of this repost.
The whole idea, the whole notion of pop culture and especially pop music is ALL based on illusion. And portraying yourself as something more exciting than you are. And my heart is always against that. So that’s why I’m doing it. I’m SO against it that I almost have to play the part.[…] Electra Heart is the antithesis of everything that I stand for. And the point of introducing her and building a whole concept around her is that she stands for the corrupt side of American ideology, and basically that’s the corruption of yourself. My worst fear - that’s anyone’s worst fear - is losing myself and becoming a vacuous person. And that happens a lot when you’re very ambitious. (x)
things that should not concern u:
- the length of a woman’s skirt
- the tightness of a woman’s top
- how many people a woman has slept with
things that should concern u:
- america’s gun laws
- that u haven’t petted enough dogs today
- harry potter named a kid albus severus
- book one: professor mcgonnagal and the you put a WHAT in our WHERE albus
- book two: professor mcgonnagal and the we have a WHAT IN OUR WHERE ALBUS
- book three: professor mcgonnagal and the ministry is sending us WHAT because of WHO
- book four: professor mcgonnagal and the ARE YOU SHITTING ME ALBUS
- book five: professor mcgonnagal and the we have WHO telling us to do WHAT
- book six: professor mcgonnagal and the albus do something NO NOT THAT
- book seven: professor mcgonnagal and the I FINALLY GET TO BLOW SHIT UP THANK YOU WIZARD GOD
- Are all people like this?
- Like what?
- So much bigger on the inside
Sarah Silverman defends women’s reproductive rights on Real Time with Bill Maher.
I hate people who write off other people’s talents just because of their taste in movies. I left film-school for that very reason. The first thing the teacher told us was “If you want to make Terminator 2, leave now” and I was like, fuck you man. There could be a kid sat in the corner disheartened because Terminator 2 is the movie he wants to make, that’s his vision and here’s the teacher telling him he can’t do that. He had no fucking right, none of us do. Besides, I think Terminator 2 is a pretty kick-ass movie.
Paul Thomas Anderson (via bbrando)